June 24th, 2014
Dear Father,
Yesterday in a moment I lost a dog. I wasn't paying attention and she tumbled, jumped or fell out of the window of my car. Her injuries were severe and she wasn't likely to make it through the care without considerable pain and possible death through sepsis.
This was Rosie, a trouble maker, who loved to get into things. Continually hunting, you couldn't leave her in a room by herself or she would get into something. I got into the habit of taking her with me when I left the house because otherwise she would spend too much time in her kennel to keep her out of trouble.
She would stand at the door and wait to go with me if she saw my keys. She always had to see out so was usually standing on something and often would slide off if I had to hit my brakes suddenly but she had avoided being hurt.
I almost left her at home yesterday. If I had, a walk into the living room right now would result in me finding her lying on the couch which was her habit after her morning check for food. But I didn't I took her with me, and after a fateful turn off the main road onto a side road I found she wasn't in the car with me.
The vet was friendly and kind and she looked so funny in her bandages when Isabella and I went down to say goodbye. I looked into her eyes and told her she was a good dog as the light went out and she went to sleep one last time.
I said goodbye yesterday to someone I loved. Maybe today you could say hello.
Love, your son,
Jason Vincent Alexander Murray
No comments:
Post a Comment